But what about how to get natural laughs?
Or making sure your portraits look authentic and not "posed" or “cheesy"? Remember these are just the "foundations". We'll go deeper into more techniques within the next few pages.
Even though wedding portraits are posed... no one wants portraits that LOOK posed.
The more candid and authentic your portraits look the BETTER. Now there are tons of ways to ensure this... but just in case you have a photographer who doesn't know what he's doing, here's one of the MAIN tips you can do.
I call it the FUN FACTOR. So what is it? I ask my couples or the wedding party to do something so silly that it makes them laugh…and then I catch the reaction afterwards.
All squash together!!
◦ I find the smallest surface that’s still comfortable, then I ask everyone to sit close together for the photo.
◦ Then I wave at them until they start to wave back. This always sets people off in giggles, and it always guarantees a laugh or two.
Throw the Groom!!
◦ Only for the bravehearted.
◦ Get all the men (or women) together, and literally hold either the bride or groom securely…. then throw them into the air.
◦ If nobody gets dropped then this one is a winner.
(I’m kidding, no-one’s ever been dropped!)
More tomorrow about what to do with arms, hands and legs!